This page offers links Biochemistry and Molecular Biology educational resources. Please contact Susan Rowland if you would like to suggest other resources/links for inclusion.
Applying for a Teaching Award (from ComBio2018)
Maurizio Costabile, Tracey Kuit and Rebecca LeBard
This presentation outlines why an individual (or group) might wish to apply for a teaching award, gives examples of what is excellence in teaching, examples of evidence that can be used in a teaching award application and lastly things ‘to do’ and ‘not to do’ in writing your application to give you the best chance of success.
Writing a Teaching Grant (from ComBio2018)
Susan Rowland and Tracey Kuit
This presentation explains how to how to develop an idea for an education project, plan the project (with budget), align the project with funders’ interests and present it in grant form with the best chance of success.
Contributing to the Australian Biochemist Education Feature
Each issue of the Australian Biochemist includes an Education Feature. This article gives you guidance on how to contribute.
Almost any contribution format is welcome. We encourage you to look at the previous editions of Australian Biochemist to get an idea of the scope and style of published items.
Our goal is to bring you interesting, thought provoking, useful and fun articles from the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology community.
You do not need to be a specialist educator to contribute. Your article also does not have to apply only to biochemistry and molecular biology education.
If you have an idea and are unsure please write to us and make suggestions for your own article. We welcome and appreciate your contributions!
- ASBMB Special Interest Groups www.asbmb.org.au/special-interest-groups/
- Centre for Bioscience, University of Leeds, UK www.bioscience.heacademy.ac.uk/
- Enhancing assessment in the biological sciences www.bioassess.edu.au
- ACELL (chemistry) acell.chem.usyd.edu.au/homepage.cfm
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/112782101/home
- Life Sciences Education www.lifescied.org/
- Bioscience Education www.bioscience.heacademy.ac.uk/journal/
- Full texts online (older editions but figures can be downloaded) www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=Books&itool=toolbar
- WH Freeman texts – animations and some other resources available without a password
- Molecular Cell Biology, Lodish et al. bcs.whfreeman.com/lodish6e
- Life: the Science of Biology, Purves et al. bcs.whfreeman.com/thelifewire
- Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, Nelson and Cox bcs.whfreeman.com/lehninger