Join the ASBMB and reap the benefits…
Special members’ rates to attend ASBMB annual conference including ComBio
ASBMB members get a substantial reduction registration fee to attend the annual ASBMB scientific conference. Every second year, the conference will be hosted independently by ASBMB, and will include overseas plenary presentations, speciality lectures, poster sessions, 3-minute poster presentations and an E/MCR mini-symposium.
ComBio (“combined biosciences”) is ASBMB’s national biennial conference run in conjunction with other societies. Programs feature world renowned international speakers alongside a range of high calibre Australian presenters. Meeting themes cover a wide range of topics to appeal across a broad spectrum of interests to biochemists and molecular biologists. ComBio is a fantastic networking opportunity, through both scientific and social events. You can learn about cutting-edge technology at the large trade exhibition run by our Sustaining Members.
Subscription to the Australian Biochemist
ASBMB’s electronic magazine, the Australian Biochemist, is a colourful and informative publication that you will receive three times a year. Keep informed about current research, events, personalities, awards and more. Find out about the issues that matter in the Australian and global scientific communities.
Awards, Medals and Fellowships
ASBMB recognises excellence by providing several competitive Medals and Awards for members at varying stages of their scientific careers. Travel fellowships are also awarded to outstanding PhD students and postdoctoral researchers to further their scientific development.
ASBMB’s Vital Activities
- We represent your interests at and provide contacts with other academic bodies, such as the Australian Academy of Science, IUBMB, FAOBMB, ASMR, FASTS, ANZSCDB, ASPS and NZSBMB. Our representatives attend the annual Science Meets Parliament Day.
- Each State has an allocated fund to support relevant activities by members, such as symposia, workshops, and School Science competitions.
- Our Sustaining Members sponsor events, communicate the availability of new products and represent an interface with Industry.
- We support numerous Special Interest Groups that run activities relevant to your interests.
Free Membership Eligibility
We offer free membership to first year HDR students whose supervisor is a current ASBMB member, and to retired members after continuous membership for 30 years.
Students get additional benefits from joining ASBMB – check them out here.
We are pleased to advise that three year subscriptions are now available.
Subscription rates for the year commencing 1st July 2018
New members who join in the period 1st January to 30th June in any year will have their subscription payment credited and will be fully paid members up to the end of the following full subscription year.
- Ordinary Member – $121.82 + $12.18 GST = $134.00
- Ordinary Member, Three Year Subscription (until 30.06.2021) – $322.00 ($292.73 + $29.27 GST)
- Student Member – $43.00 ($39.09 + $3.91 GST)
- Student Member, Three Year Subscription (until 30.06.2021) – $103.00 ($93.64 + $9.36)
- Retired Member – $58.00 ($52.73 + $5.27 GST)
- Retired Member, Three Year Subscription (until 30.06.2021)- $139.00 ($126.36 + $12.64 GST)
- Overseas Member* – $63.00 (GST free)
- Overseas Member*, Three Year Subscription (until 30.06.2021)* – $151.00 (GST free)
- Retired Member with 30 years continuous membership – Free
- 1st Year HDR Member **- Free
*Overseas Membership is available to Ordinary Members residing overseas for more than 12 months.
** Student Member – if you are an HDR student and this is your initial application to join the Society, and your supervisor is an ASBMB member (or application for membership is made along with your application), your first year of membership will be free. Please go to the “Join offline” section below, download and complete the membership form.
Please download the membership form and post completed form to: ASBMB National Office: PO Box 2331 Kent Town, SA 5071
OR fax to the National Office at 08 8362 0009 (within Australia) or 61 8 8362 0009 (outside of Australia)
Any enquires in regards to membership should be addressed to Chris Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8362 0009 (within Australia) 61 8 8362 0009 (outside of Australia).